Friday 30 September 2011

Fire Child Part 19

The current of electricity ceased. “What do you say, feel like cooperating now?”
Zendrius only glared at the scientist he has come to know as Professor Vesalius.
The Professor sighed. “Subject Q remains uncooperative, although fascinating, subject’s high pain threshold and drug-resistance is proving problematic. In depth biological scanning is still rendered impossible by the anomalous magnetic field emanating from Subject Q. I fear this leaves us with only one option remaining, exploratory surgery. However due to subject’s resistance to chemical substances, sedation will be impossible. Perhaps Subject Q will reconsider his unforthcoming attitude mid-surgery. In any case, tomorrow will be an exciting day. Computer end of log.”
Zendrius watched Professor Vesalius and his colleagues leave the small room before testing the metal restraints that bound him to the table. “Ok, plan or no plan I’m getting out of here.”
“Wait,” ringed a deep masculine voice in his mind.
“Um . . . hello?” thought Zendrius.
“Do not do anything rash,” replied the voice.
“Who are you?”
“I was once known as Aeon the Mist Wraith, back when the Ooti still had six races.”
“The Mist Wraith? I remember you, you were feared even by those from the Fourth and Fifth Tiers, how did the humans manage to capture you?”
“They didn’t, I turned myself in.”
“What?! Why?”
“They had captured my mate, they told me I could trade my life for hers.”
“And they honoured this arrangement?” asked Zendrius surprised.
There was a long silence then Aeon replied with controlled rage, “No, they did not. They recaptured her after I was imprisoned, claiming that they never agreed not to pursue her after her release. I watched helplessly as they slaughtered her to satisfy their insatiable hunger.”
“Then why are you stopping me from turning these bastards into ash?”
“The energy you are emitting is similar to someone I knew a long time ago, such resemblance are usually due to kinship. Who is your father?”
“I’m told he was a Fallen called Mastema.”
“Was?”
“He died when he mated with my mother or something like that, I’m not really sure about the details.”
“That is sad news, your father was a dear friend of mine. Who was this female with whom he coupled?”
“She is called Persephone of a Thousand Forms.”
Aeon gave a melancholic chuckle. “I told that fool she would be his death one day. Now how have you managed to get yourself imprisoned here, son of my friend? If what you say is true, Juria should not have been able to imprison you even if they sent every last SAINT in Los-Reinar after you.”
Zendrius sighed. “It is a long story.”
“I think we can spare the time.”
“Point taken,” said Zendrius before relating everything he had learned since coming to Los-Reinar.
“Well that explains a few things. I agree with you that the patrol you mentioned seems odd. It is possible Central already knows of your return, but is keeping it classified in order to avoid panic or they are sceptical of your existence, but bolstered their patrols just to be safe. Either way you must get out of here before they realise who you are.”
“I’ve also heard the scientists speak of this Central, is it some kind of city or laboratory?”
“It is the capital of Juria, a metropolis with a population of billions and home to the highest human authority.”
“Billions? That’s just wonderful. I hope you have some kind of plan because although I was on the verge of breaking free from my restraints, I didn’t really have a plan as to the escaping part of my escape. Their teleportation device seems to be the only way out of here but it has some rigorous security protocols.”
“There is another way.”
“What? Really?”
“The humans may multiply at an exponential rate but their life spans are thankfully short. I have lain here for omegia Zendrius, peering into their minds, perceiving how they change with each generation. And do you know what I have learned?”
“That they are assholes of the highest calibre?”
Aeon laughed. “That conclusion needed no observation, no what I learned was that unless it was something shocking, they do not remember the struggles of their forefathers. For instance, their teleportation technology is no more than a few genia old, but I’ll warrant that there are only a handful of them today that know how we were originally brought here and imprisoned.”
“Now that you mention it, that teleportation platform would have been too small to even translocate a single durandal.”
“Precisely, they initially used a subterranean tunnel to bring us here, after the birth of their teleportation technology they sealed it and it now lies completely forgotten.”
“Then perhaps there is a way for me to not just free myself, but all of you as well.”
“That is my intention, son of my friend.”
“So what is the plan here exactly?”
“First we must wait for them to retire to their homes after their ‘day’ has ended.”
“And then?”
“That, friend of my son, is when it becomes interesting,” said Aeon before relating a plan that has been millennia in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment